06 January 2007

One Week Down

We are halfway through our 2nd TWW. We weren't even planning on trying this month. The plan was to wait until February but we were really close (geographically) to our donor over the holidays and it just so happened to be around the time that R should O so we decided to go for it. We didn't have any supplies, had to make do with what we could scrounge up. R hasn't been temping or using OPKs since we were taking a break. We went au natural this cycle. If we believe her CM and mittelschmerz we insemmed right on time. Who knows if it worked. R doesn't feel like it did. She has been sick since we came home on the 30th. First it was her stomach & now she has a horrendous cold. I'm hoping that she is just feeling down since she's been sick.

The way our luck is going things just might work this try. I just found out that I may be losing my job. My position has been eliminated and in order to be considered for the position that will be replacing my current job (title change, same BS) I have to have open availability. I have to be available for 13 out of 14 shifts each week. A huge problem since I'm still in school. Never mind the fact that I've been there for 8 years, that I know my job inside and out, have been there longer than anyone else in the area, or that I rearranged an entire class of 24 other people to fit what they needed me to work. (Sorry to those in the new Friday 2-6 lab). They have no heart and even laid off a very religious manager because he refused to work on Sundays. Knowing my company, if they do lay me off, they will wait until the Friday afternoon before classes start up again. That means we'll be POAS the same day I might be losing my job. Not the best timing, but things don't usually happen for us when we're prepared for them. To make matters worse I don't have time to look for a new job before the semester starts and I know that no one will pay me anything close to my current salary with my terrible availability so money will be tight for the next few months.

On another note, in the past couple weeks (we aren't sure because she hasn't been weighing herself regularly) R has gained 10 pounds. This is A LOT for her, just a drop in the bucket for me, but we're talking about over 8% of her entire body weight gained in a two weeks or so. Maybe a lot of water, but who knows. She is rather sensitive about it so we won't tell her I brought it up here in Blogworld.

No comments: