21 February 2007

And now...Movies!

Same premise as the book game, these quotes are from some of my favorite movies. Many are just silly, and mind-numbing entertainment, but I can watch them over and over. Just to keep things fair I have removed my favorite movies from my profile (I didn't think about that with my books list). I must preface the list with this, I worked for Bl0ckbuster for 8 years. These may be a bit tough, you certainly won't find "Show me the money!" or anything here. Not even "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!" and while I'm at it, no one ever said "Play it again Sam" in Casablanca.

I'll start with 10, as of right now I have over 35 so if it goes well we have a lot to play with!

Keep at the books, there are still a few left.

Edit: I've started adding hints. I will just add more quotes from the movies first and then will add actual hints.

Here it goes:

1. These quotes are from the hilarious Drop Dead Gorgeous. It' s definitely a guilty pleasure.
a) My mom gave me this 9 mill for my 13th birthday. Yeah. I'll always remember what she put on the card. "Jesus Loves Winners". That's why I always aim to win.
b) Nope. No. Uh-uh. Never judged a pageant before in my life. Nope. No way. Never around young girls. Even if I was, why would I wanna be, y'know? I- I- I don't get off on that kinda thing and that's really why you're askin', right?... S- someone say somethin'?

2. This is a movie that I could watch over and over. Love Actually always puts me in a good mood!
a) Invite him out for a drink and then after about twenty minutes casually drop into the conversation the fact that you'd like to marry him and have lots of sex and babies.
b) Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free.

3. Wait! There's something interesting in that woman's smile. I might learn to like her. Hang her in my bathroom. Yes Shannon, this is from the 1982 version of Annie (the only version that's worth anything!). It was the first home movie I owned, didn't you love Beta? When I was a kid I watched this movie at least 3 times a day. My babysitter from 1983 still can't hear "Tomorrow" without cringing! I can still recite large chunks of the movie if given a few lines to start. Isn't it strange how our brain can remember things like quotes and song lyrics for years after we hear them?

4. I looked into it more deeply and I found that apparently what happened is that he was laid off five years ago and no one ever told him about it; but through some kind of glitch in the payroll department, he still gets a paycheck. Lauren delurked to answer this one. She's right; it's Office Space.

5. I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that. Lauren knew this one too. In Say Anything Lloyd Dobler is just as uncertain about what he wants to do with his life as I am.

6. These quotes are from Benny & Joon.
a) Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.
b) They used to be fat and juicy and now they're twisted. They had their lives stolen. Well, they taste sweet, but really they're just humiliated grapes. I can't say I am a big supporter of the raisin council.

7. Life after death is as improbable as sex after marriage! Melissa knew this one! It's from Clue. I love this movie and B just bought the DVD for me last night to replace my worn out and taped off of TV VHS version.

8. It's easy to miss this one. You might not remember it unless, like me, you had to watch Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me over and over to figure out exactly what was going on.
a) When this kind of fire starts, it is very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.
b) Diane, it is 4:20 PM. I'm standing on the bank of Wind River near the location of where the body of Teresa Banks was found. Diane, this case gives me a strange feeling.

9. This movie was being filmed in Pittsburgh when I lived there. Dogma is easily Kevin Smith's best movie.
a) He still digs humanity, but it bothers Him to see the shit that gets carried out in His name - wars, bigotry, televangelism. But especially the factioning of all the religions. He said humanity took a good idea and, like always, built a belief structure on it.
b) Anyone who isn't dead or from another plane of existence would do well to cover their ears right about now.

10. I watched this movie almost as often as I watched Annie. I was fascinated by The Dark Crystal, there were parts that scared me, but hey...I was only 3.
a) Where is this Augrah? How does she look like? How will I find her? "Follow the Greatest Sun for a day to the home of Augrah"... hmph. Some directions!
b) You look like Gelfling... smell like Gelfling... maybe you are Gelfling!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

3) is my all time favourite movie ever! Annie, the 1982 version, not the crappy Disney version. :)

Now I have to go back and look at the rest. I got excited. LOL.

Lo said...

#4 is The Office!

You don't know me, but I've got your blog and many others on my google home page as my partner and I research the whole TTC thing.

Lo said...

Ooo Ooo! and #5 is Say Anything. At first all I could think when I read it was "Lloyd Dobler", but then I remembered the name of the movie. Phew, that would have been an odd brain fart.

Lo said...

Correction: #4 is Office Space -- oft confused with the awesome television show of the same ilk.

notacrayon said...

Yes Lauren, you're correct on #4 and #5. Thanks for playing! If you have any questions about TTC feel free to email me!

Melissa said...

#7 is from my all time favorite movie...Clue!