15 February 2007

Photo Friday: Bad Hair

I have had some terrible hair cuts. Luckily, I have no photos of the worst of them. When I was a little girl I used to spend the night with my Memaw (great-grandmother) every Saturday night. I would go to church with her on Sunday. One weekend, I must have been 6 or 7, my mom put my hair in a French braid before I went to Memaw's. I woke up the next morning and I had all sorts of hair sticking out of my braid. I really wanted to wear my hair in that French braid to church so I just cut off every piece of hair what was sticking out. The braid looked great, but my hair was terrible when my mom took it out!
The other terrible hairstyle that comes to mind is when I was 7 or 8 my mom thought it would be great to perm my hair. I have very thick and at the time, very long, hair. The perm only took on the short hairs that framed my face and I had ringlets hanging in front of my ears. I looked like an Orthodox Jewish man!
On to the photos, I couldn't narrow it down so here are 4 photos of bad hair.

This photo is from the day I moved out of my mom's house. I had been dyeing my black for a year or so and I wanted it lighter. I put stripper on it and this is what I got.










This is a photo of R when we first got together. That summer she got really hot and decided that shaving her head was a good idea. She didn't realize how hard it was going to be to grow it out.



This is a photo of my mom when she was 12. My grandmother is responsible for the mullet.







This is an old friend of mine. Her face is covered out of respect since she doesn't know I'm posting this. She has gorgeous curly red hair. She never brushes it. This is why.

No comments: